Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Day Trip

On Sunday we drove over to the coast to take Kyle to the ocean for the first time.  We were in Wilmington and Carolina Beach, NC.  He was so cute.  It was such a beautiful day.  We only stayed at the beach about 10 minutes.  The doctor said not to use sunscreen on him until he is 6 months and with the sun being so hot we didn't want him out in the sun long.  We stopped and got him some sunglasses which he LOVED.  I think he thought he was a cool dude in those (ha-ha).  On the drive there we stopped for gas and bathroom breaks and look who got caught red handed trying to drive to the beach.  You got to watch these kids like a hawk (ha-ha).


Once we arrived in Wilmington we stopped for a picnic to let Kyle stretch out a bit.



Going over to the beach.


I talk to Kyle all the time how when he gets bigger I am going to take him to go look for shells (which happens to be one of my favorite things to do).  Well when we got there my husband bent down to show him a shell and my little guy grabbed it and picked it up.  A babes after my own heart.  It was too cute we were laughing so hard.


Hope you all are having a great week. Back to Illinois we go.  I have been enjoying the nice weather.  I hear it's been cool up north.

Linda

No comments: