Our little guy had a fun packed weekend. It first started by going to our neighbors hockey game. Sorry for the bad pictures I was looking through plexiglass. He had so much fun and did not want to leave. We will have to take him to see more games. He absolutely loved it. Maybe we have a future hockey player on our hands.
Then we made a quick trip to the pumpkin farm. Always a good time when he gets to ride the wagon.
Yesterday we took the little one to the North Carolina State Fair. Tuesday was the perfect day to go, not too busy and it was 80 and gorgeous out. We only stayed 9-12 because the little one was getting super tired. Overload on the stimulation with all the people watching, animals, rides, games, music etc. We definitely didn't see everything since this is a huge fair, but 3 hours was plenty.
Checking out the baby chicks with daddy.
I would have loved to take that big watermelon home with me. Yum!
Look at the size of this.
Aren't the little piglets cute?
I did not ride this. Are you kidding me.
I did ride this though with Kyle. He is totally into bee's or as he calls them buzz, buzz's!! He loved it!!! I don't have a picture of us on it since my husband took video instead.
Now I don't care too much about riding fair rides, but this was my favorite ride when I was a kid. The himalaya. Oh my word did my sister and I have some great times laughing on this. Fun memories.
Komen had a pink truck there.
It was a good time. Boy the little one slept hard last night. He was worn out.
The North Carolina State Fair started this week. We got our tickets, but I'm not sure when we will be going. My husband has lots of things he is working on this weekend and both my boys are sick with colds. I have never been to this fair before, but the hubs has wanted to take me for several years. We have just never been in town when the fair was going on. He says it's not like the hometown fairs I am used to. So this year we will all get to go. Hopefully, we can squeeze in a pumpkin patch trip this weekend if we don't go to the fair, but I will have to see how everyone is feeling.
I went out to water the mum and this little guy greeted me. Does anyone know what kind of snake this is? Well I quickly ran to get the little one who was just waking up from his nap. He was so excited. He loves snakes and loves to make hissing sounds if he sees anything that is long like a snake ie: belt. Fun day for our little guy.
I was tagged by the lovely Kate at Nautical By Nature to list my 5 fall goals. Sorry I am so late on this. Things have been crazy down here. So here we go.
1. Organize!!! This is by far our longest stretch here in NC and I really want to take the time to go through and organize, get rid of things and redo some things. I have completed some, but moving slow with the little one running around and a husband who is dragging his feet on getting rid of things (ha-ha). Go Mom Inc has some great ideas and I love her videos. She also has checklists for the different seasons that are helpful as well.
2. Plan my weekly meals. You all who do this really inspire me. I definately put dinner on the table ever night, but I kind of wing it. All works out just fine, but with the toddler the planning would help the grocery store runs.
3. Scrapbook. This is a big goal of mine. I am so far behind with this, but I really want to get the little guys stuff done asap.
4. Plan a murder mystery party. Hubs and I really think this would be fun. If anyone has done one before I would love to hear how it went.
5. Explore more of NC. Lots to see and do down here. Hope we get to some more places before we have to head back.
I would love to hear your fall goals so feel free to play along.
Heading to the NC State game today. They are playing Central Michigan. Not my college but my nieces. I'll be cheering for the wolfpack though since that's my hubs school. Should be fun. We are taking the little one for the first time so we probably won't stay the whole game. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.