Monday, February 15, 2010

Home from the hospital

What a day this has been.  I went to work this morning not feeling real well since I was so tired but then about 9:00 am I started having abdominal pain.  I wasn't thinking contractions because it wasn't the kind of pain that would come and go but just a steady pain.  I thought it would go away but just got more uncomfortable as time went on.  Well I was trying to fight through it but after 2 hours my co-worker went and got 2 of our nurses.  Thank heavens I work in health care.  Well they said I need to call my husband and have him take me to the ER.  So the hubs was on his way and I called my doctor to let him know I was on my way to the hospital and he said the doctor on call will meet me there.  Once I got to the hospital they took me immediately to labor and delivery and hooked me up to all the monitors.  Well sure enough I was having contractions.  I wasn't dilated but definitely showing contractions on the print out.   Little Kyle's heartbeat was wonderful though thank heavens.  They drew lots of blood and took lots of tests and everything came back great.  I was still having contractions so at 2:00 pm the doctor ordered a shot of medicine that is supposed to stop the contractions.  Well the side effect is it also makes your heart race which the nurse warned me.  Once that started I got so sick and ended up throwing up 4 times.  I felt so bad after that.  Luckily about an hour and half later things were better and the contractions stopped.  The doctor eventually discharged me this evening.  I was soooooo hungry since they wouldn't let me eat anything and I am so glad to be home.  What a day.  I am exhausted as is my husband.  I think all the excitement completely stressed the poor guy out. 

Hope you all had a better Monday than mine.  Well I am going back to resting.



Seersucker Scrapper said...

Glad everything turned out ok. Be sure to take it easy!

Go East Memphis Mama said...

I had the same thing happen at 35 weeks. Not fun!

Jenny said...

Not sure how I stumbled over here, but oh my. Best of luck to you. These times must be quite hard on you. Thank heavens for daytime TV.