Thursday, July 29, 2010

Pink and Green Thursday





Well this week I thought I would show you something I have been using for years.  Bandanas as basket liners.  I have purchased them in many different places and have lots of colors but I have found Walmart to be the cheapest at only $1 a piece.  They have the traditional bandana pattern but around the different holidays I have found cute 4th of July, Halloween and even Christmas ones.  I use them to line baskets for rolls or hamburger/hot dog buns, cookies, chips or nachos.  I have also used them as napkins and to line baskets that I have made up for people filled with all kinds of goodies. Just an inexpensive way to add a punch of color to your party, get together or gift idea.  I have received so many compliments on these silly things over the years and I always get the same response from people, they can't believe they never thought of this and can't believe how cheap they are.  If your interested Walmart has them over by the purses/belts accessory area or Michaels has lots of colors too.

Happy Thursday
Linda

3 comments:

Kate Spears said...

this is a really great idea....bandanas are so cute for all sorts of things. we use them as cloth napkins in the summer too...for outdoor parties and such. and i went through a phase in college where i wore one everyday (but please don't tell anybody!)

Sweet Southern Prep said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing! :)

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Love that idea!