Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Snowed In

Well if you read my last post from last week I said maybe we will get stuck in Michigan due to the snow well we actually did.  I wouldn't have normally loved this if I had to get back to work but with not working I was loving it!!  My parents were loving it to.  Not only did we get to stay longer but they got to spend more time with Kyle.  We just got back last night.  We got quite a bit of snow Sunday and then Sunday afternoon my parents lost power.  We waited for a couple of hours thinking it might come back on but it didn't.  The house was getting too cold especially with the baby in the house so we were all off to my sister and brother in laws house that is only a mile away.  Then around 10:30 pm we heard from one of my parents neighbors that the power was back on so we went back.  Lots to take back and forth with the baby.  Thanks to my husband for loading and unloading so much.  My sister was loving all the snow too since all the schools were closed Monday.  She is a school nurse and got the word Sunday night while we were there.  The roads were really bad thank heavens for a short drive.  Then on Monday we heard that Indiana was getting lake effect snow up to 14 inches and that is the area we have to drive through coming home.  So my husband said we better not head out especially with Kyle this year.  Yesterday when we drove back all was cleared up.  Oh our party on Saturday was great.  It was so nice to see my whole family this weekend. Hope you all had a great weekend. 

Linda

No comments: