Friday, July 29, 2011

A day full of first's

Yesterday we headed to the coast to take the little one to the aquarium for the first time.  We went to the North Carolina Aquarium at Fort Fisher.  It was small and the perfect size for a 15 month old.  I have to warn you there are LOTS of pictures.  I was going to do this in two posts, but didn't know if I would get a chance to do the second post so here you go.




One of the first things we saw was the albino alligator.

 

The thing looked plastic until it started to move.



Then there were some more alligators.  This big one came right over to see Kyle.  They are pretty scary close up.  Glad that glass is there.


Checking out the starfish.  Kyle could have touched them but wanted no part of that.



After leaving the aquarium we were so close to the Fort Fisher to Southport ferry that we thought we would let Kyle ride a boat for the first time.  He loved it.


Waiting patiently to board the ferry.


It was such a beautiful day yesterday.  We really lucked out.








Here is one of the ferrys we are on.

Once we arrived in Southport we headed to lunch and spotted some pelicans flying over.



The restaurant was overlooking the Cape Fear River.




On our walk after lunch look what I spotted.


Let me give you a closer look.  Yay!! Nantucket is only 581 miles from here :)  Gotta love it.


A view of the lighthouse on Oak Island.


A view of the restaurant we had lunch at.





A stop for me at The Christmas House while the boys waited in the car.  I picked up some cute nautical christmas ornaments.


Driving over the bridge to Oak Island.  Little one was taking a short nap.



His hair just cracks me up. It was windy all day. If my hair wasn't pulled back in a clip it would have been a scary sight (ha-ha).



The first time the little one walked in the sand.  He wasn't sure about this.  It was too funny.






Helping me find some shells.


What is this stuff on my feet?


Wind blown hair :)






He LOVED getting his pigs wet.





We had a wonderful time.  Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Linda

No comments: