Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Update!

Thank heavens my dad's surgery went well.  He is doing great and is ready to bust out of the hospital but they have to keep him overnight.  I am so thankful.  He is very happy because after just a couple of days for healing he can go back to his normal activities except lifting anything heavy.  My dad might be 87 (tomorrow actually) but you can't hold him down.  He is VERY active and can not stand being laid up.  He is super happy to be able to go back to riding his lawn mower too. Oh if you all knew my dad growing up no one was ever allowed to mow the lawn but him.  He is such a perfectionist.  People used to drive by our house and stop and ask who does our landscaping.   We would always say dad does it himself.  Kinda crazy but to this day I have never mowed the lawn.  And here at our house my husband is not the lawn guy my dad is so we have a service that does our yard.  Keeping so active is what has kept my dad so healthy and young.  I hope to do the same as well.

Also my new thermal totes arrived today.  So adorable!!!  Loving them.  Even the hubs liked them and thought the space saving when they are not being used will be wonderful.

Linda

1 comment:

Kate said...

Glad to hear he is doing well :)