Sunday, February 13, 2011

25 Years

It is 25 years ago today that we lost my brother Tim (at the age of 29) in a car accident.  That was my main reason I was heading to Michigan.  My mother always has a mass said for him every year, but this year his 25th anniversary actually falls on the weekend and we could actually have a mass said on the day he passed.   The entire family will all be together to go to mass today.  I know it has been 25 years and time does heal but it feels like yesterday.  I was only 15 when it happened but I can remember every detail of that night all these years later.  I hope I can make it through mass without crying.  I am crying writing this scheduled post just thinking of him.  We all miss him so much.  I will also be thinking of the families of the two teenagers that hit my brother that night and lost their lives as well and pray for comfort for them on this 25th anniversary. 

2 comments:

Beth Dunn said...

Oh honey, I'm so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. xoxo
SC

Barb said...

Prayers for you and your family....Barb