Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Mackinac Island bound!

We are off tomorrow to Mackinac Island, MI. I am from Michigan so I have been to the island many times but my husband has never been. We are looking forward to it. If you aren't familar, the island is about 8 miles around. You take the ferry and there are no cars on the island just bikes and horse drawn carriage rides. It is heaven. I am so looking forward to it. There are hotels on the island so we are staying right there.


Here is a picture of one of the ferry boats.



This is the famous Grand Hotel.



A picture through town.

Many people sail to the island. There is a big sailboat race in the summer from Chicago to Mackinac. This is fun.



Here are some of the pretty horses.

There is also many tree lined paths and scenic areas. You can also rent bikes on the island and the 8 mile ride around the island is beautiful. That is definitely on our list of things to do.
I wish you all a Happy 4th of July!! I will be posting again next week.
Linda

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

I've never been, but it looks incredible! Enjoy yourself and take lots of photos!

Happy 4th!

YaYa's Funhouse said...

Lovely pics. When I think of Michigan I think of snow. The first and only time I have ever been there was in Dec and number of years ago. We were told while there it was usually cold and snowy. Being from MS, it certainly was a change of pace. My DIL is from Flint.

prince snow farm said...

I'm so jealous. My husband and I traveled to the island in 1995, the year before we got married! I had always wanted to visit. Love Riba's Fudge among many other sites...ENJOY!!!

Justabeachkat said...

Wow, what a gorgeous place! Have a wonderful time. I hope you have your camera packed.

Hugs!
Kat

Shannon said...

I have heard this island is so beautiful! Loved your pictures!

I love your rugs from Khols you posted about too! I went to mine but they didn't have any left. Booo-Hoooo! :)